Friday, November 7, 2008

Week one/ famous person with a psychological disorder

Week one

Winston Churchill


One famous person with a mood disorder is Winston Churchill. He was also one of the prime ministers of Britain. In Churchill's thinking, he was unloved by his parents since they neglected him. This mood disorder led him to series of depression and also one of the world leaders.


"Black Dog" was Churchill's name for his depression, and as is true with all metaphors, it speaks volumes. Churchill replied, "If I can't be loved, I'll find a way to be admired." Black Dog is another name for depression.


In that dark time, what England needed was not a balanced leader. England needed a man who could dream dreams of victory when all seemed lost. Winston Churchill was such a man; and his inspirational quality owed its dynamic force to the romantic world of fantasy in which he had his true being." This disorder to me is werid, cause even though he has a mood disorder, he is one of the world leaders back then.


click on link for article




click on link for article






6 comments:

Vikas G. said...

I had no idea that Winston Churchill had an emotional disorder. The "Black Dog" nickname is pretty neat. I would add more information about the depression to explain his psychological problems even more.

I'd give you a 94.

Jay D. said...

Your information is very fascinating. I would add more info to your article to explain more about Winston's disorder.
I would give you a 95.

jeanb said...

I think you should add more information about his disorder and more effects of it. Other than that this article was quite interesting and caused me to rethink on his achievments. i'll give you a 96

Victoria C said...

I think your info is good because it show that psychological disorders don't necessarily have to be a handicap. I think that it could have been worded a little better. Other than that, pretty good job.


Overall Grade:95

ann314 said...

It's interesting how a world leader had this kind of disorder! You should add more details about Winston Churchill himself, the disorder, and how the disorder affected him. 94!

Ashley J said...

Your blog is good but more could have been added about how depression affected Churchill's life and about his background. It is intersting that someone was able to lead a country while living a life of depression.