Friday, December 12, 2008

week 4: personality

Jung Typology Test
I am a ISFJ which is slightly expressed introvert and distinctively expressed judging personality. I don't think this test is valid because on some of the answer choices I did not know..I could be either one. I have a 67% on judging, but I guess that's a little true. I could be a little judgemental.

Planet Personality/Find Your Hogwarts House: The Harry Potter Sorting Hat Personality Test
The sorting hat put me in Hufflepuff. I think the test was funny. I don't know whether it was true or not...but funny. Hufflepuff students are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working. A well-known member was Cedric Diggory, who represented Hogwarts in the most recent Triwizard Tournament. I think this test is valid enough.


Understand Yourself Personality Test
High scorers tend to be sensitive, emotional, and prone to experience feelings that are upsetting. High Neuroticism is associated with exercising more frequently. High scorers tend to be open to new experiences. They have broad interests and are imaginative. High Openness is associated with earning better grades, scoring higher on general intelligence tests, playing a musical instrument, holding liberal political opinions, and with preference for rock, heavy metal, classical, jazz, blues, and folk music. I think this test is valid, because it does describe me. My interests vary.

My Life
Financial SuccessThis goal is reflective of placing central value on personal wealth and material possessions, in comparison to other life rewards. Based on your responses to the present survey, you appear to place slightly more central value on financial success than the typical study participant.Social RecognitionThis goal is reflective of placing relatively high value on admiration from others and fame. Based on your responses to the present survey, you appear to place substantially less central value on social recognition than the typical study participant. I think this test is not valid. I mean its half valid but no one can predict your financial future.

Are You a Decider?
Being the decider is not for you – you’d rather relax and enjoy life instead of trying to forge ahead all the time. If you’re not the decider at home, you’ll eat what’s put in front of you and go where your spouse tells you, as long as you don’t have to worry about the details. If you’re not the decider at work, you’re content with your current position and don’t need the burden of unnecessary responsibility. I think this test is true because I can never decide on anything. My mind always changes. I think this test is valid enough.

6 comments:

ann314 said...

Yes! I agree, you're definitely an introvert! You're right, sometimes answers differ base on situations! You are friendly, fair-minded, modest, and hard-working!

Nina L. said...

Yay, we're in the same hogwarts house! lol. Yeah, I thought that test was funny too!

Joni said...

I agree that the Jung test was way too black and white, because sometimes I am really expressive andd sometimes I keep to myself so a simple yes or no isn't exactly right.

April D. said...

wow really good details in all of your test results. yeah i thought the jung test wasn't exactly on the spot either, because it was like you either have to pick a yes or no and there wasn't an answer to pick for something that you felt in between.

D.Ye said...

I agree that some of the tests were either one or another, there sometimes was not a middle.

Angela S. said...

Great details for each test you took. I also agree with your opinions on the tests. Some of them were very yes/no with nothing in between.